Dipl.-Phys. Tim Sander
- Organization: Department of Physics
- Working group: Former: Chair of Experimental Physics (Maier Group)
- Phone number: +49 9131 85-27208
- Fax number: +49 9131 15249
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.pi3.physik.uni-erlangen.de/maier/
- Address: Erwin-Rommel-Str. 1
Molecular switches change their structural, electronic and/or optical properties upon external stimuli and are envisioned as essential building blocks for the realization of nano-circuits . In this project we use low temperature scanning tunneling microscopy (LT-STM) to study molecules on surfaces with resolutions down to the subnanometer scale. Additionally to providing local information in real space, LT-STM can be used for local tip induced manipulations of molecules, as translation or conformational switching. The unification of these two advantages makes STM a powerful tool for the study of molecular switching processes [2,3].
 B.K. Pathem et al., Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem. 64 (2013) 605.
 N. Tao, Nat. Chem. 1 (2009) 108.
 J.L. Zhang et al., Chem. Soc. Rev. 44 (2015) 2998.